Monday 14 November 2011

How I created my three logo's for Lucozade Sport Hydro Active

Brief ;
Lucozade Sport wanted to attract more people to drink Lucozade Sport Hydro Active rather than just plain water. They believe the better hydrated you are, the more productive the exercise and gym session will be. 
I was asked to design three graphics which are a new logo, a new bottle design and a poster to advertise the new Lucozade bottle and make individuals aware of what Lucozade Sport Hydro Active can offer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Logo
For the logo design I thought I'd leave the original Lucozade colors and font. What I did was I used the eraser tool to erase around the Lucozade original logo.

This is how it looks.
This is a stock image of a water splash that I took from Google. The whole idea of Lucozade Sport is to attract more individuals to drink it instead of water, therefore I used this stock image as I thought it will go with the whole Lucozade theme. I'm going to stick the water splash on top of the new Lucozade logo.



As you can see above, I have put the "Lucozade" and "Sport" under each other and put the water splash on top of the Lucozade logo. To get this glow kind of effect above "Sport" I used to eraser tool and set the opacity to low. This is the end result of the new logo for Lucozade. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Bottle design 

This is the original Lucozade Sport Hydro Active bottle that I have taken from the internet. I will not make major changes to the bottle, simply delete some content off the bottle and stick my own things on it.

This is a stock image that I have taken from the internet. Lucozade Sport Hydro Active is all about exercising, gym and all sorts of sport. Therefore I thought this image will go well on the bottle and represent sport and exercise. 


         
First of all what I did to the bottle was erase everything. I used the eyedropper tool to select a small area of the bottle and color the bottle in with the same color. I added text to the bottle and placed it on the left side of the bottle.

                 
The next thing I did was using the magic wand to get rid of the background of the girl. So it looks like the image above.


I took the image of the girl and pasted it on the the bottle.

After sticking the image of the girl, I pasted the new Lucozade logo on the bottle. So that's how the bottle looks like.
------------------------------------------------------------

Poster

To get started with the poster I opened a new document and choose the "Gradient Tool" to set the two colors you can see on the right image.


The next thing I did was pasting the new Lucozade bottle on the left corner of the poster.

Then what I did was I took some leave images from the internet and pasted it behind and in front of the bottle as you can see on the right image.


Here I added a water splash on the bottom of the bottle, to do this I used the left image underneath. The splash went perfect on the bottle. I used the "Color Range" tool to select only the water splash I wanted and needed.




The image above is taken by me. The person on the picture is drinking Lucozade Sport. I thought I'll have a picture of someone drinking from the actual Lucozade bottle and stick it on my poster to make it look more like a poster.

 So this is how the poster looks when its finished. The picture that I imported, I made it black and left the bottle its original color. I also added some text that relates back to the Lucozade Sport Hydro Active brief.



Thank you for checking out my blog, feel free to leave feedback.



3 comments:

  1. I love your graphics! The only thing I could think that could be changed is to alter the bottle that the silhouette is holding within the poster to the one your created within your product design to make your brand image more prominent within the poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bottle design. If you could change the flow of water from upwards to downwards on the logo, it should be more realistic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle design is really good. The only criticism I would give is the poster. Make the wave part "flowy" rather than cut off.

    Rajeev :D

    ReplyDelete